Lycopodium Clavatum (Lyc.) is a key remedy for lack of confidence, and types of acute and chronic digestive disorders. Physical symptoms such as eczema and cracked heels tend to be on the right-side of the body, be worst on the right side, or start on the right and before extending to the left. Symptoms worsened by warm rooms and between 4 – 8pm. Those needing Lycopodium often have dry skin or mucus membranes, and crave sweets.
- Egotistical,. Love of power which is used to dominate.
- Lack of self-confidence – feels weak and inadequate so avoids responsibility. Anxious about speaking in public but often does it well.
- Covers up lack of confidence with haughty, boasting, domineering or bullying behaviour. Pleasant, ingratiating behaviour with authority figures.
- Lack of discipline and lack of commitment.
- Irritability on waking in the morning.
- Intellectual pursuits are preferred over energetic sporting activities.
- Nose blocks on lying down at night.
- Bloated and full of gas. Flatulent. Rumbling in the abdomen.
- Symptoms aggravated by flatulent food such as beans, onions, cabbage.
- Heartburn with sour belching. Constipation when travelling.
- Headache or other symptoms from missed meals.
- Preference for warm drinks. Craving for sweets.
- Changeable appetite – appetite either lost or increased by eating.
- Night-time hunger – may wake with hunger.
- Hair graying in patches or streaks, especially on the right side.
- Deep furrows or creases in forehead.
- Dryness of skin and mucous membranes.
- Cracked heels which start or are worse on the right.
- Promiscuity and lack of commitment. Premature ejaculation.
- Impotence with long-term partner but no problem with new partners.
- Waking unrefreshed.
- Waking with hunger.
- Liver problems or digestive disturbances. Bloating and rumbling.
- Anxious and lack of confidence but aggressive to non-dominant animals.